CBD is a compound found in cannabis plants the “high” associated with THC. CBD provides a sense of calm and relaxation that is beneficial for stressed or anxious pets. CBD dog treats are becoming an increasingly popular natural solution for canine stress and anxiety relief. Stress and anxiety manifest in dogs in various ways common symptoms destructive behavior, excessive barking or whining, pacing, aggression, loss of appetite, and more. These behaviors develop in response to loud noises, separation from owners, vet visits, grooming, travel, and other environmental factors that dogs perceive as threatening. While pharmaceutical medications are sometimes prescribed. CBD offers a natural alternative that is non-psychoactive and gentle on your dog’s system.
CBD interacts with receptors throughout the body involved in regulating mood, pain perception, inflammation, and other processes. For dogs experiencing stress and anxiety, CBD is thought to influence serotonin and GABA activity in the brain, calming the mind and inhibiting the “fight or flight” response. This your dog to relax and stay more even-keeled when faced with stressful stimuli. cbd dog treats provide a convenient and tasty way to administer CBD. Most treats are formulated with a precise CBD dose adjusted for your dog’s weight, which takes the guesswork out of giving CBD oil. They often use CBD extracted from hemp, containing only trace amounts of THC below the legal limit. Hemp-derived CBD is generally regarded as safe for dogs. Always consult your vet before introducing CBD or medicating your pet.
When shopping for CBD dog treats, look for products that adhere to safety standards. Avoid artificial fillers and opt for all-natural ingredients. Chicken, turkey, sweet potato, and peanut butter are common CBD treat flavors dogs love. You find treats in forms like chews, soft chews, or crunchy biscuits. Start with the manufacturer’s recommended dosage and monitor how your dog responds. Increase over time if needed.
Benefits and effects of CBD for dogs with anxiety or stress
- Reduces fear and phobia responses to loud noises like thunder, fireworks, and vacuums. One study found that CBD oil reduced noise phobia in 92% of dogs.
- Lessens anxiety behaviors like panting, pacing, whining, and barking during car travel or vet visits. CBD treats be given before a stressful event.
- Calms chronic anxious behaviors and obsessive-compulsive habits stemming from stress, like excessive licking and tail chasing.
- Inhibits the fight-or-flight response and panicking in stressful situations to help your dog stay calm.
- Minimizes separation anxiety responses like destructive chewing behaviors, urinating, pacing, and vocalizing when left alone, especially in newly adopted shelter dogs.
- May relieve situational phobias associated with going outdoors, strangers, and more by lowering anxiety levels overall.
- Promotes relaxation and comfort at home, especially during storms, loud noises, and other disruptions that unsettle anxious pups.
While CBD is very safe for dogs, it’s still important to purchase high-quality treats from companies that prove their products are contaminant-free and contain the listed dose of CBD. Work closely with your veterinarian to find the optimal dose and schedule for treating your dog’s unique stress triggers. Monitor for any potential side effects like diarrhea or dogs tolerate CBD well.