Weed pens are portable pen-shaped devices that allow you to vape THC oil or distillates. They consist of a battery, an atomizer (heating element), and a cartridge or tank to hold the THC liquid. When activated, the atomizer heats the oil, turning it into vapor which you inhale.
Weed pens come in various shapes, sizes, and styles. Some look similar to e-cigarettes or nicotine vapes while others resemble flashy tech gadgets. They also come in both disposable and reusable options. Disposable weed pens don’t require charging or refilling, you simply use them until the oil runs out and toss them. Although reusable pens will require recharging and refilling, they are more economical over time.
- Convenience – Weed pens are portable, discreet, and easy to carry. You don’t need to grind herb or roll a joint, just take a puff or two whenever needed.
- Dosing control – Pens allow you to take small, controlled doses of THC. You can precisely control how much or little you consume each puff.
- Flavor – Weed liquids come in a variety of strains and flavors. You can enjoy fruity, floral, or earthy flavors when vaping.
How to use a weed pen properly?
Using a weed pen properly will ensure you get the most from your vaping sessions. Follow these tips:
- Start with a fully charged battery – Make sure your weed pen is fully charged and plugged in. Most pens use USB charging.
- Prep the tank/cartridge – Disposable pens will be prefilled, while reusable pens require you to fill the tank with THC oil. Add dabs carefully to avoid spilling. Replace any old cartridge with a fresh one.
- Attach to the battery – Carefully connect the cartridge to the battery by screwing it together gently. Don’t over-tighten.
- Start on the lowest setting – Weed pens have variable voltage settings, indicated by color-coded lights or numbers. The lower the setting, the less heat produced. Begin on the lowest setting and work upwards.
- Prep with primer puffs – Before vaping properly, take 2-3 short “primer puffs” while covering the mouthpiece with your palm. This primes the wick and heats the oil before inhaling.
- Inhale steadily – Once primed, take a long, steady 4-6 second puff from the pen while pressing the button.
- Adjust the temperature as needed – If vapor production is low, gradually bump up to the next temp setting. Higher settings create more vapor.
- Keep pen upright – Always hold the vape pen upright when in use and while charging. This keeps oil flowing to the wick.
- Use occasionally, not continuously – Take 1-2 puffs then set the pen aside. Wait at least 10 minutes before more puffs. Continuous drugs can cause overheating.
- Mix up strains – Consider rotating THC strains and flavors to avoid getting too accustomed to one.
- Keep the battery charged – Recharge pen batteries as soon as they die. Leaving batteries empty damages their lifespan.
- Clean regularly – Wipe down the exterior with a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol to keep your pen hygienic.
- Replace cartridges – Discard used cartridges and swap in fresh ones to maintain pen performance. Look for clogs, leaks, or color changes.
A quality THC oil vape pen provides all the benefits of cannabis consumption without the hassle or hazards.